WRONGFUL DEATH CLAIMS
Wrongful death lawsuits are brought on behalf of individuals who died as a result of another person’s negligence or wrongful actions.
The estate of the deceased individual can also be compensated for his or her conscious pain and suffering. Most recipients of a wrongful death case award are the surviving spouses, parents or children of the victim.
Statutes of limitations vary from one to three years in the state of California, depending upon the nature of the action and the status of the plaintiff and the defendants. Wrongful death lawsuits usually rely on a jury to determine the size of the damage award after hearing the evidence presented by both sides.
Our Los Angeles wrongful death lawyers handle a number of these cases, including:
• Automobile accidents including fatal drunk driving accidents and fatal car accidents
• Aircraft accidents
• Motorcycle accidents
• Bicycle accidents
• Truck accidents
• Products liability, including motor vehicle defects causing death
• Pain and suffering of surviving family members
• Medical and Hospital malpractice
• Work-related or fatal occupational injuries
• Nursing home negligence
• Construction accidents
• Swimming pool accidents
• Defective roadways
• Fires and electrical injuries
• Police chase/police misconduct
• Premises liability such as accidents caused by wet floors, broken stairs, and damaged pavement
• Recreational accidents, like boating accidents, bicycle accidents, and hunting accidents
Therefore, if someone you love was killed in an accident, due medical malpractice or any other tragic situation due to someone else’s actions, it is very important that you contact our personal injury attorneys immediately. Our lawyers will help you interpret the guidelines and determine your legal recourse.
Call US Today to Schedule a FREE Wrongful Death Claim Consultation Complete the Form Below To Contact Us (Comments or questions are welcome).
Complete the Form Below To Contact Us (Comments or questions are welcome).